Speed up your SOA implementation
Speed up the implementation of your services architecture
Automate your updates, tests and deployments
Rep++ simplifies the optimal use of your .NET service-oriented architecture (SOA) by automating the creation of its different layers. Develop your applications as services clients, providers, or both.
Regardless of the architecture, Rep++ automates, through its frameworks, most of the presentation layer, which is often the most costly to develop. At the other end, Rep++ takes care of the data access layer, reducing still the efforts you have to put in.
In SOA architectures, Rep++ does the following :
- It creates the presentation and the business entities that represent the core of the transaction, on their respective layer.
- It creates a simplified version of these entities (as POCOs) that enable communication between the client and the services. POCOs contain information in a Web services compatible format.
- It creates the functions to transfer (and convert, if necessary) the data between the entities and the POCOs, and vice-versa.
- It validates automatically the complex entities and POCOs according to the metadata found in the model.
In the presentation layer, Rep++ creates an adaptor that links the framework and the service layer through Web services (WCF). More specifically, for each request of the framework (the client), the adaptor executes a function that calls a service. It then transfers the data in a POCO, and conversely, from the POCO back into the entities when the framework receives data from the Web service.
In the services layer, Rep++ creates the Web services that receive the requests from clients. These services automatically take care of :
- The CRUD operations (create, read, update and delete).
- The unit validation of the received data according to the metadata.
- The transfer of the data between the POCOs and the entities, and vice-versa.
All there is left to do is to define your business logic and the validations that are specific to your applications and services.
In summary, Rep++ makes the development of your SOA transparent to the developers. Our model-driven approach, which centralizes all the metadata in the model, allows you to create high-quality services and take advantage of the model execution capability for testing, maintenance and deployment.